Here at Tucson Furniture Connextion, we know that picking bedroom furniture for your child can be a lot more involved than you might first think. As a kid, you probably feel like your bedroom is the main space in the house that is truly yours and can show off your personality. And as a parent, you know that your child’s bedroom also needs to be a comfortable and functional place where they can do homework after school and get the rest they need each night. We’ve put together 5 helpful tips to keep in mind when looking for bedroom furniture for your little one.
1. Needs: Decide what are the immediate must-haves for your child’s bedroom is. Maybe it is a new bed, a nightstand and a dresser or desk. Then think about what items would be great to have but could stand to do without for a while, like a toy chest, play table or extra chairs.
2. Budget: Going over how much you can afford to spend will help you finalize your list of purchases later. If you find a great deal on a bedframe and nightstand, which might give you some room in the budget to also purchase a toy chest. Also think about purchases over a longer period of time instead of all at once. Buy a new bed right now and then continue to buy additional items over the next few months.
3. Room size: Make sure you get the exact measurements of the room! You don’t want to come home after buying all of your child’s great new furniture to find that it won’t fit in the room. Remember to leave ample room for playing on the floor as well.
4. Kids’ personality: Maybe your child love to read and there needs to be lots of room for books and a reading corner. Or maybe they love the ocean and sailing and you want to create a beach setting. Think about what can help make the room unique to their personality.
5. Get creative: Find different way to accommodate for any additional space needed or just to make use of the extra space that is available.
“Take advantage of space underneath the bed by adding rolling storage. Find dresserless drawers at flea markets or garage sales; if you can't find a matching set, unify disparate pieces with paint. Attach casters to the bottoms and add matching hardware to the fronts.” –Better Homes and Garden.
At Furniture Connextion, we have a great selection of coordinating children’s bedroom furniture including beds, dressers, bookcases, desks and more. You can find these pieces available in ebony, buttermilk and cherry finishes.